||New York: Promotion Manager
| Job Description:
|| Boosey & Hawkes, Inc. (New York) is seeking a dynamic, proactive, experienced Promotion Manager. Successful candidates should be articulate, creative and comfortable handling multiple projects simultaneously. An extensive background in classical music and deep interest in new music in particular is fundamental to the position.
This Promotion Manager will be responsible for developing and implementing promotion strategy, with the other promotion executives at B&H, for the company’s North and South American composers and activities. This individual will also work closely with colleagues in the London and Berlin offices in implementing company-wide promotion strategies and will interface with presenters and programmers, including orchestras, opera companies and chamber music ensembles. The position entails regular attendance at performances and travel to various premieres, festivals and conferences.
About Boosey & Hawkes
Boosey & Hawkes, an Imagem Company, is the leading independent publisher of contemporary classical music. Boosey & Hawkes publishes a distinguished and celebrated roster of composers, including modern masters such as Bartók, Bernstein, Britten, Copland, Prokofieff, Rachmaninoff and Stravinsky, as well as innovative contemporary figures such as John Adams, Louis Andriessen, Harrison Birtwistle, Osvaldo Golijov, Steve Reich and Paquito D'Rivera. Boosey & Hawkes's music is available worldwide through offices in London, New York and Berlin, and via a network of agents around the globe. The company also represents many other fine European publishing catalogues throughout North and South America. B&H music is heard worldwide on concert stages, in film, TV and recordings and is available in print.
Promotion Manager will:
- Seek new performances of back catalog and new commissions for B&H composers through regular correspondence with key figures in the classical music industry
- Develop relationships with conductors, musicians, and music administrators through meetings and attendances at conferences
- Develop and disseminate promotional materials in coordination with other Promotion Executives
- Liaise with composers and composer estates
- Travel as necessary to represent Boosey & Hawkes at premieres and other important performances
- Attend concerts in New York and throughout region in support of composers and to keep abreast of trends within the music industry
- College or conservatory degree in music, or extensive experience in the classical music industry
- Knowledge of and enthusiasm for contemporary classical music repertoire
- Minimum of 3-5 years prior experience in classical music, preferably in arts administration or arts management
- Knowledge of a second language; Spanish preferable, but not required
- Extroverted, creative, self-motivated team player with excellent communication skills
Boosey & Hawkes offers a competitive salary and benefits package and is an equal opportunity employer.
|How to Apply:
||Please send your resume and cover letter to Chris Cresswell (firstname.lastname@example.org).