| Job Description:
The Boosey & Hawkes Promotion Department is looking for individuals interested in choral music to help develop and maintain promotional activities for our extensive choral music library. The main projects for this internship will be the research and building of a choral database of choruses and chorus personnel, researching choral repertoire, and ongoing programming trends.
Boosey & Hawkes represents a wide variety of 20th century masters, such as MacMillan, Copland, Bernstein, Britten and Jenkins, along with today's innovative choral series, including Choral Music Experience Series, Sounds of a Better World, and the Transient Glory Series among others. The intern will be involved in researching and building a choral database of choruses, chorus personnel and will help with choral promotions. Both in our office and out at performances, interns have the opportunity to discover and experience the music of our outstanding choral repertoire.
Our ideal candidate:
• Has an interest in and knowledge of choral music
• Has superior writing, researching, and organizational skills
• Has strong computer skills (i.e. Microsoft Office, HTML, Adobe Creative Suite, social media platforms) with the ability to quickly learn new software
• Is detail-oriented
• Is enthusiastic, well-spoken, and ambitious
• Is currently pursuing an undergraduate degree in music, music business, arts administration
Scheduling is flexible, but candidates should be able to work approximately 20 hours per week during the Spring 2012 semester (January to May). This is an unpaid internship, and must be done for college credit.