as at 27 March 2013
Title: Marketing Assistant (Part-time: 3 days per week)
Reporting to: Marketing Executive (in absence, to the Head of Publicity and Marketing)
I Department Objective
To increase sales at The Shop at Boosey.com and its franchise shops while meeting agreed service levels.
II Job Summary
The Shop at Boosey.com is one of the largest online sheet music shops in Europe, specialising in the genres of Classical, Education, Jazz and Musicals. It sells products from all major international music publishers and despatches to customers globally. As well as sheet music it sells a wide range of gifts and accessories, books about music, CDs, DVDs and sheet music downloads.
Working with the Marketing Executive you will manage the uploading and editing of data for The Shop at Boosey.com, including new product information and metadata across the range of international music publishers represented on sale. Areas of special focus include the Boosey & Hawkes sales catalogue, the exam syllabus data for the franchise shops operated for ABRSM and Trinity College London, and expansion of the product range of sheet music, CDs, DVDs and books.
III Key Areas
- Accurate handling and manipulation of large amounts of spreadsheet product data using Microsoft Excel and in-house software.
- Editing new product data using in-house CMS and product images using Adobe Photoshop to meet agreed deadlines.
- Responding to email customer queries using Microsoft Outlook and liaising with customer service department at our fulfilment partner.
- Updating customer database information using Maximizer CRM.
- Liaising with the Promotion and Publishing Departments regarding the Boosey & Hawkes sales catalogue and its web presentation.
- Regular website updating such as modifications to existing product data and posting of reviews and audio/video content.
- General administration tasks including despatch of marketing communications and packages.
- Assisting the Marketing Executive as required.
- Any other duties as required.