Catalogue No: UT50260
Shop Product Code: 216794S
The separate edition of the first Suite for violoncello solo by Johann Sebastian Bach contains the musical text of the well-regarded Wiener Urtext edition with all six cello suites of Bach by Ulrich Leisinger. Thanks to new findings on the transmission, Leisinger managed to re-evaluate the sources which did not leave the structure of the musical text and the associated delicate problem of the slurs untouched. His re-evaluation gave reasons for a stronger emancipation from the manuscript copy of Anna Magdalena Bach which had always been cited as main source until then though it was very unreliable with regard to the articulation; thus the new edition leads to more convincing solutions. The present separate edition is the perfect starting point to study Bach's suites for violoncello solo in class and provides amateurs with a technically 'accessible' masterpiece in cello literature.
The Wiener Urtext Edition is a critical musicological edition for practical use and is distinguished from many other Urtext editions by comprehensive textual information in German and English and partly also in French.
REASONS FOR WIENER URTEXT
• Reliable musical text on the basis of the sources reflecting the composers’ ideas as authentic as possible
• Significant text variants for performance practice
• Useful fingerings for musical practice
• Page layout for practical use with convenient page turns
• Clearly printed, reader-friendly layout on high-contrast music paper
• Sustainably printed with green power
Write a Review. The best reviewer each month wins 20% off their next order!
There are currently no reviews for this product.