Grade Exam Music
This product includes pieces featured in grade exams. Click on a grade to view the full syllabus.
|Trinity College London Piano 2012-2014||6|| |
Johann Sebastian Bach's two-part inventions were an integral part of the study literature used in the composer's piano lessons. And they are still just as important today! For piano pupils, there is no getting away from them, for their basic demands, 'to learn to play in tune' and 'to play in a cantabile style', are still valid. The musical text is based on the new Wiener Urtext edition of all of Bach's Inventions and Sinfonias, edited by Ulrich Leisinger, which keeps very close to the original manuscript of the composer. In the present edition, the two-part inventions have been taken from the complete edition and published separately, thus making them ideal for piano lessons.
The Wiener Urtext Edition is a critical musicological edition for practical use and is distinguished from many other Urtext editions by comprehensive textual information in German and English and partly also in French.
REASONS FOR WIENER URTEXT
• Reliable musical text on the basis of the sources reflecting the composers’ ideas as authentic as possible
• Significant text variants for performance practice
• Useful fingerings for musical practice
• Page layout for practical use with convenient page turns
• Clearly printed, reader-friendly layout on high-contrast music paper
• Sustainably printed with green power