Following the publication of the Moonlight Sonata and the Grande Sonate pathétique, we now present a new edition of the two Easy Sonatas Op. 49 No. 1 and 2 by Ludwig van Beethoven. The score has been prepared using the very popular new edition of Beethoven’s collected piano sonatas in the Wiener Urtext edition. As Beethoven’s original manuscript version has not been preserved, this edition is based upon the first edition published in 1805 and the most significant early reprints, whose careful editing procedure has been a major influence on this edition. The printed music is distinguished by its clarity, legibility and reliable phrasing marks. Advice on performance by Leonard Hokanson provides stylistically appropriate suggestions for interpretation.
The Wiener Urtext Edition is a critical musicological edition for practical use and is distinguished from many other Urtext editions by comprehensive textual information in German and English and partly also in French.
REASONS FOR WIENER URTEXT
• Reliable musical text on the basis of the sources reflecting the composers’ ideas as authentic as possible
• Significant text variants for performance practice
• Useful fingerings for musical practice
• Page layout for practical use with convenient page turns
• Clearly printed, reader-friendly layout on high-contrast music paper
• Sustainably printed with green power
Write a Review. The best reviewer each month wins 20% off their next order!
There are currently no reviews for this product.