Catalogue No: UT50172
Shop Product Code: 195184Y
The Wiener Urtext edition of the Paganini Variations, called ‚Studies for the pianoforte‘ by Johannes Brahms, has analysed all currently available sources, including - for the first time - the second autograph which has only be accessible for a few years and is archived today in St. Petersburg in Russia. The edition of these variations which are popular both for study and performance purposes is characterized by a clear layout and, thanks to the handwritten original sources, takes all of the composer‘s own fingerings into account. In difficult passages where Brahms himself did not write down any fingering aids, the fingerings by Peter Roggenkamp following Brahms‘ model provide valuable technical recommendations.
The Wiener Urtext Edition is a critical musicological edition for practical use and is distinguished from many other Urtext editions by comprehensive textual information in German and English and partly also in French.
REASONS FOR WIENER URTEXT
• Reliable musical text on the basis of the sources reflecting the composers’ ideas as authentic as possible
• Significant text variants for performance practice
• Useful fingerings for musical practice
• Page layout for practical use with convenient page turns
• Clearly printed, reader-friendly layout on high-contrast music paper
• Sustainably printed with green power
Write a Review. The best reviewer each month wins 20% off their next order!
There are currently no reviews for this product.