Catalogue No: UT50149
Shop Product Code: 255868C
Under the title of ‘Minor Works’, the second volume of organ works by C. Ph. E. Bach in the Wiener Urtext Edition contains all works written by the composer except for the multi-movement sonatas for organ: Preludio, Fugues (one with Fantasia), Trio, Chorale arrangements and 30 Pieces for the musical clock. The fugues, in particular, prove that C. Ph. E. Bach was an attentive pupil of his father. The pieces for musical clock are a varied selection of pieces in the style galant which were originally written for mechanical instruments and which are best to be performed on the organ. Together with the organ sonatas published in Vol. 1, this is probably the most comprehensive collection of works by Bach‘s second eldest son which can be performed on the organ.
The Wiener Urtext Edition is a critical musicological edition for practical use and is distinguished from many other Urtext editions by comprehensive textual information in German and English and partly also in French.
REASONS FOR WIENER URTEXT
• Reliable musical text on the basis of the sources reflecting the composers’ ideas as authentic as possible
• Significant text variants for performance practice
• Useful fingerings for musical practice
• Page layout for practical use with convenient page turns
• Clearly printed, reader-friendly layout on high-contrast music paper
• Sustainably printed with green power
Write a Review. The best reviewer each month wins 20% off their next order!
There are currently no reviews for this product.