* Estimated price converted from UK retail price
Catalogue No: BRIDGE 9128
Shop Product Code: 248396P
Volume Five of Bridge’s ongoing Elliott Carter series contains five premiere recordings, including Carter’s bracing Oboe Quartet of 2001. Performed by many of the leading Carter advocates of our time, this recording is a must for those interested in keeping up with the undimmed imagination and constant creative impulse of this American master, now well into his tenth decade.
Also featured on this CD is a new recording of Carter’s song cycle Of Challenge and of Love, performed by the brilliant young American soprano Tony Arnold, the recent first prize winner of the Gaudeamus International competition for interpreters of contemporary music. Rounding out this CD are a series of instrumental miniatures played by dedicatees Virgil Blackwell, Charles Neidich, Ayako Oshima and Fred Sherry. In addition, the pianist Charles Rosen adds on to his earlier (almost) "Complete Piano Music of Carter" CD (BRIDGE 9090) with the Two Diversions, and Retrouvailles.
Contents and Reviews
Contents01. Steep Steps by Elliott Carter
02. Diversions (2) by Elliott Carter
03. Quartet for Oboe and Strings by Elliott Carter
04. Figment 2 "Remembering Mr. Ives" by Elliott Carter
05. Au Quai by Elliott Carter
06. Of Challenge and of Love by Elliott Carter
07. Figment by Elliott Carter
08. Retrouvailles by Elliott Carter
09. Hiyoku by Elliott Carter
There are currently no reviews for this product.