Only few works in music history can adorn themselves with the attribute 'epoch-making'. Arcangelo Corelli's trio sonatas are among them. With his Sonate da chiesa Op. 1 and Sonate da camera Op. 2, Corelli, in 1681 and 1685 respectively, laid the foundation for a genre which was to become the authoritative chamber music genre for almost 100 years. Volume 1 contains six sonatas of the Da Chiesa model, Volume 2 six representative pieces of the Da Camera type.
The Wiener Urtext Edition is a critical musicological edition for practical use and is distinguished from many other Urtext editions by comprehensive textual information in German and English and partly also in French.
REASONS FOR WIENER URTEXT
• Reliable musical text on the basis of the sources reflecting the composers’ ideas as authentic as possible
• Significant text variants for performance practice
• Useful fingerings for musical practice
• Page layout for practical use with convenient page turns
• Clearly printed, reader-friendly layout on high-contrast music paper
• Sustainably printed with green power