* Estimated price converted from UK retail price
Catalogue No: 9780199578542
Shop Product Code: 261804C
More Product Codes
- Contains over 10,000 entries providing broad coverage of musical terms from many periods of history
- Thoroughly revised and updated with many entries expanded for the new edition
- Over 250 new entries covering popular music, ethnomusicology, modern and contemporary composers, music analysis, and recording technology
- Includes 100 entry-level web links, which are listed and regularly updated on a dedicated companion website
- Now contains two useful appendices: a list of French, German, and Italian musical terms and their English translations, as well as an abbreviations list for letters commonly used in musical scores and musical writing
Now available in paperback and with over 10,000 entries, the Oxford Dictionary of Music (previously the Concise Oxford Dictionary of Music) offers broad coverage of a wide range of musical categories spanning many eras, including composers, librettists, singers, orchestras, important ballets and operas, and musical instruments and their history. Over 250 new entries have been added to this edition to expand coverage of popular music, ethnomusicology, modern and contemporary composers, music analysis, and recording technology. Existing entries have been expanded where necessary to include more coverage of the reception of major works, and to include key new works and categories, such as multimedia.
Entry-level web links are listed and regularly updated on a dedicated companion website, expanding the scope of the dictionary. The dictionary now also includes two useful appendices, one listing French, German, and Italian musical terms with their English translations, and an abbreviations list for letters commonly used in musical scores and musical writing.
The Oxford Dictionary of Music is the most up-to-date and accessible dictionary of musical terms available and an essential point of reference for music students, teachers, lecturers, professional musicians, as well as music enthusiasts.
Contents and Reviews
Designation of Notes by Letters
Appendix 1: Directions and expression markings in French, German, and Italian
Appendix 2: List of abbreviations found in musical scores
There are currently no reviews for this product.