* Estimated price converted from UK retail price
Catalogue No: 20485BCD
Shop Product Code: 252091F
Traditional Southern old-time fiddling from the world-renowned Round Peak area of the Blue Ridge Mountains in North Carolina, focusing on the style and repertoire of master fiddler Tommy Jarrell (1901–1985). Author Brad Leftwich, himself an acclaimed fiddler who learned the music in person from Jarrell, presents detailed, accurate transcriptions of 83 tunes (the bulk of Jarrell's repertoire) both in standard music notation and fiddle tablature, along with interesting anecdotal information relating to each tune. All of the tunes are included on the accompanying CD as transcribed, played solo at a moderate tempo to facilitate learning. Helpful stylistic tips and important background information on the area and the music, along with biographical information on Jarrell and many of the musicians from whom he learned, illustrated with many fascinating old photographs.
• Featuring the old-time Round Peak fiddle style and repertoire of Tommy Jarrell
• Detailed, accurate transcriptions of 83 tunes in standard notation and tablature
• CD including all 83 tunes played solo at moderate tempo
• Stylistic tips, photos, and background information on Round Peak music and musicians
Write a Review. The best reviewer each month wins 20% off their next order!
There are currently no reviews for this product.