* Estimated price converted from UK retail price
Catalogue No: UT50245
Shop Product Code: 181822A
More Product Codes
This new edition indicates that Mozart’s popular composition is a mature work dating from his time in Vienna, contrary to previous assumptions, and that the traditional ending does not correspond to the original version. The well-known closing bars, which have of course been included in this edition, were not in fact written by Mozart himself, but probably by August Eberhard Müller, who thereby shaped the piece to stand on its own. Mozart’s manuscript version however, as documented in the first edition, ends ten bars earlier on a dominant seventh chord, leaving the way open for further development and making it conceivable that the Fantasie was originally written as an introduction to a sonata in D major (to another of the late sonatas, K 576, in fact). With this information, the edition adds a totally new dimension to the performance of this widely known piece.
The Wiener Urtext Edition is a critical musicological edition for practical use and is distinguished from many other Urtext editions by comprehensive textual information in German and English and partly also in French.
REASONS FOR WIENER URTEXT
• Reliable musical text on the basis of the sources reflecting the composers’ ideas as authentic as possible
• Significant text variants for performance practice
• Useful fingerings for musical practice
• Page layout for practical use with convenient page turns
• Clearly printed, reader-friendly layout on high-contrast music paper
• Sustainably printed with green power
Contents and Reviews
ContentsFantasia in Dminor
There are currently no reviews for this product.