These two sonatas in C major (KV 545) and A major (KV 331) are among the most popular of all Mozart’s piano sonatas. KV 545 is a firm favourite with piano teachers and their pupils (for many pianists it is their first introduction to the sonata repertoire) and KV 331 with its famous variation movement and the renowned Rondo alla turca is one of the most popular works of the whole Viennese classical period.
Both sonatas are now also available individually as part of the new Wiener Urtext edition of all Mozart’s piano sonatas. These editions are based upon the latest research into original documents and are notable for music that is clear and well laid out, with page turns in convenient places, making the music more readily accessible to beginners and amateur pianists too.
The Wiener Urtext Edition is a critical musicological edition for practical use and is distinguished from many other Urtext editions by comprehensive textual information in German and English and partly also in French.
REASONS FOR WIENER URTEXT
• Reliable musical text on the basis of the sources reflecting the composers’ ideas as authentic as possible
• Significant text variants for performance practice
• Useful fingerings for musical practice
• Page layout for practical use with convenient page turns
• Clearly printed, reader-friendly layout on high-contrast music paper
• Sustainably printed with green power
Write a Review. The best reviewer each month wins 20% off their next order!
There are currently no reviews for this product.