For the first time in score format. Fragments completed by Robert D. Levin!
Mozart's works for piano duet are outstanding and are the first highlight of this genre later only to be achieved by Franz Schubert. The two early sonatas from the Salzburg period are particularly suited for music teaching in secondary schools. This volume also contains Sonata KV 19d the authenticity of which is not confirmed, as well as two fragmentary movements dated from the last years of Mozart´s life, KV 357. Robert D. Levin has completed them true to style for practical use, taking the limitations of the keyboards of the Mozart pianos and the composer's personal style into account, unlike the first edition of ca. 1860. In the appendix, there are the two Fantasias KV 594 and 608 originally composed for mechanical organ, adapted from the earliest arrangements for piano duet published a few years after Mozart's death. In this edition, the music text is published in the form of a score for the first time.
The Wiener Urtext Edition is a critical musicological edition for practical use and is distinguished from many other Urtext editions by comprehensive textual information in German and English and partly also in French.
REASONS FOR WIENER URTEXT
• Reliable musical text on the basis of the sources reflecting the composers’ ideas as authentic as possible
• Significant text variants for performance practice
• Useful fingerings for musical practice
• Page layout for practical use with convenient page turns
• Clearly printed, reader-friendly layout on high-contrast music paper
• Sustainably printed with green power
Write a Review. The best reviewer each month wins 20% off their next order!
There are currently no reviews for this product.