Raising the curtain on Christopher Norton’s Micromusicals – exciting and accessible musicals for schools based on popular classroom teaching topics from the creator of the internationally-acclaimed Microjazz series. Designed for children aged 6-12, each production lasts around 30 minutes and can be learned, rehearsed and performed in as little as 2 days.
Stage a real class act with this comprehensive and flexible resource:
- Succinct casting and direction suggestions
- Optional props list with a wealth of additional downloadable resources
- Straightfoward and catchy songs, with complete demonstration and backing tracks on an accompanying CD
- Voice and piano scores with guitar chords
- A wide range of flexible easy band and orchestral parts available to download which can be played in conjunction with the backing tracks or as part of an independent live orchestral or band
- Photocopiable lyric sheets (also available as downloads for printing or projection)
- Wide-ranging cross-curricular teaching and classroom activity suggestions
- A customisable poster to publicise performances
Ancient Egypt is a popular area of study at Key Stage 2 and 3 History in England, as well as in schools elsewhere in the UK and further afield. This Micromusical focuses on Egyptian mythology and deities including Nut (the goddess of the sky) and Ra (the sun god).