* Estimated price converted from UK retail price
Catalogue No: HL06620140
Shop Product Code: 246598D
As contemporary jazz changes and incorporates new styles into its mainstream, today's drummers are often faced with new stylistic challenges. This guide will help any drummer learn how to make smooth transitions between different feels and tempos, as well as become comfortable with modern swing styles and time keeping practices.
Drummers will also become familiar with big band chart reading in styles other than traditional swing, which is vital in small group situations and contemporary jazz ensembles. This book is a must-have compendium of crucial tips and tricks for drummers who want to stay on top of their game.
Jazz Drumming Transitions addresses thes musical challenges and provides help with:
- Changing smoothly between various Afro-Cuban/Brazilian feels to a swing feel
- Soloing over different types of ostinatos (vamps)
- Practising metric modulations and tempo changes
- Transitioning from traditional big band swing charts to contemporary jazz ensemble compositions
- Switching from sticks to brushes (or vice versa
- Changing from one tempo to another
The three included CDs provide dozens of examples and songs for practising the skills learned in the book.
Write a Review. The best reviewer each month wins 20% off their next order!
There are currently no reviews for this product.