Catalogue No: UT50078
Shop Product Code: 190452B
Robert Schumann‘s intention to create valuable and, with regard to didactics, sensibly created music for children and young people was not limited to the world-famous Album für die Jugend Op. 68 for piano (1848). Apart from Liederalbum für die Jugend Op. 79 (1849), he also created two works which should encourage four-handed piano playing which was very popular in 19th-century domestic music: the progressively arranged 12 vierhändige Klavierstücke für kleine und große Kinder Op. 85 (1849) and Kinderball Op. 130 (1853) which put the Sechs leichte Tanzstücke together into a charming archaic suite. Based on the score of the New Schumann Complete Edition (ed. by Joachim Draheim und Bernhard Appel), the new edition of the Wiener Urtext Edition for the first time presents a reliable urtext based on the sources, including a hitherto unpublished easy piano piece which was intended for Op. 85.
The Wiener Urtext Edition is a critical musicological edition for practical use and is distinguished from many other Urtext editions by comprehensive textual information in German and English and partly also in French.
REASONS FOR WIENER URTEXT
• Reliable musical text on the basis of the sources reflecting the composers’ ideas as authentic as possible
• Significant text variants for performance practice
• Useful fingerings for musical practice
• Page layout for practical use with convenient page turns
• Clearly printed, reader-friendly layout on high-contrast music paper
• Sustainably printed with green power
Write a Review. The best reviewer each month wins 20% off their next order!
There are currently no reviews for this product.