* Estimated price converted from UK retail price
Catalogue No: RHG405
Shop Product Code: 257267U
An accessible, engaging introduction to opera for both students and the general reader, this book endeavours to open up the art form to new audiences. Of interest to both music and drama students, it includes:
- A brief guide to the history and development of opera
- A more in-depth look at key works that are relevant to some exam syllabuses
- An overview of the lifecycle of an opera, from commissioning and writing right through to the performance
- Behind-the-scenes information on how an opera is put together and staged
- Insights into areas such as set design, costumes, lighting and technical effects
- What to expect when you go to the opera.
Write a Review. The best reviewer each month wins 20% off their next order!
There are currently no reviews for this product.