Grade Exam Music
This product includes pieces featured in grade exams. Click on a grade to view the full syllabus.
|ABRSM Singing from 2018||6||7||8|
Charles Brett, the distinguished counter-tenor, has compiled and edited an inspiring and eclectic anthology of works for counter-tenor, with accompaniment.
This anthology comprises twenty songs, five each from Italy, France, Germany and England. A variety of composers is represented, from great masters, like Bach, Monteverdi and Purcell, to many lesser-known composers of the Baroque period - Humfrey, Lambert, Gilles, Kindermann and others. All are presented in new editions, with freshly composed realizations of the continuo. The songs are varied in difficulty, and should appeal to many counter-tenors from students to professionals.
1. Dolcissimo sospiro (Giulio Caccini)
2. Sfogava con le stelle (Giulio Caccini)
3. Ego flos campi (Claudio Monteverdi)
4. Currite populi (Claudio Monteverdi)
5. O quam tu pulchra es (Alessandro Grandi)
6. Objet dont les charmes si doux (Antoine Boesset)
7. Ombre de mon amant (Michel Lambert)
8. Plainte sur la mort de Michel Lambert (Dubuisson)
9. Unissez beaute trop severe (Louis-Nicolas Clerambault)
10. Diligam te. Domine (Jean Gilles)