With the new Urtext Primo series, the Wiener Urtext Edition wants to close the gap arising at the point of transition to additional lessons after having studied a piano method. Volume 1 contains both frequently played educational works by Bach and lesser known pieces by Handel and Scarlatti, Volume 2 compositions by Haydn and Mozart as well as musically and educationally attractive pieces by Cimarosa.
The Wiener Urtext Edition is a critical musicological edition for practical use and is distinguished from many other Urtext editions by comprehensive textual information in German and English and partly also in French.
REASONS FOR WIENER URTEXT
• Reliable musical text on the basis of the sources reflecting the composers’ ideas as authentic as possible
• Significant text variants for performance practice
• Useful fingerings for musical practice
• Page layout for practical use with convenient page turns
• Clearly printed, reader-friendly layout on high-contrast music paper
• Sustainably printed with green power