Grade Exam Music
This product includes pieces featured in grade exams. Click on a grade to view the full syllabus.
|ABRSM Guitar from 2009||6||7||8|| |
An exact contemporary of Bach, Silvius Leopold Weiss (1687–1750)
was one of the greatest lutenists of all time. He was also a prolific and
This collection of arrangements for solo guitar is an ideal introduction
to Weiss’s music. The ten varied pieces were carefully chosen for their
musical character and technical suitability. Placed in order of difficulty,
they reflect the range of skills required for Baroque repertoire, at
intermediate and advanced levels.
- stylish and idiomatic adaptations, preserving the original
- ornamentation and left-hand slurs
- core repertoire for Grades 6–8, with pieces on the ABRSM
- carefully considered fingering, both clear and consistent
- advice on ornaments, including full realizations