Concord is looking to employ a full time Rental Services Coordinator to start in October 2022.
Company and Department overview
Concord is the independent, worldwide leader in the development, management and acquisition of sound recordings, music publishing and theatrical performance rights. Concord has offices in Los Angeles, New York, Nashville, London, Berlin, Australia & New Zealand and Miami.
Boosey & Hawkes is the largest specialist classical music publishing company in the world, with an unrivalled roster of back catalogue and contemporary composers. Boosey & Hawkes is a Concord company.
The Rental Services department at Boosey & Hawkes has a customer base of over 7,000 organisations and individuals throughout the UK, Europe and ROW, and has relationships with agents in key territories. Sheet music is supplied on hire to customers of all types e.g. soloists, composers, conductors, promoters, orchestras, opera ballet companies.
• to be responsible for the accurate and timely filling of orders placed by amateur clients.
• to provide accurate catalogue information, repertoire advice and friendly, reliable customer service by phone, fax and in person.
• to assist the VP, Rental Services as required.
• to act as a flexible and willing team member performing all duties to a high standard.
Assessing priorities within the high volume of orders received every day; monitoring the progress of orders through to fulfilment; processing payments including handling cheques and credit cards.
Outline of Specific Functions:
• Processing and progressing UK amateur applications to present Boosey & Hawkes repertoire in concert.
• Acting as the point person for the licensing of commercial recordings of Boosey & Hawkes repertoire, involving liaison with record labels and the Promotion team.
• Track and log advance payments received.
• Maintaining clear, accurate and up-to-date records for licensing and reference purposes.
• Answering questions from all sources of a musicological nature, e.g. ascertaining correct editions, keys and arrangements to be supplied to customers, differentiating between revised and unrevised versions of works, assisting customers in ascertaining beginnings and endings of excerpts to be supplied.
• Competitive salary, depending on experience
• Health and dental insurance
• 28 days holiday per annum
• Competitive pension scheme
• Concord Bucks – for related gigs and merchandise
• Hybrid working
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants must reside and be able to work in the UK.
Please send your CV and covering letter to [email protected] by 30 September.