The Leonard Bernstein Office Announces Centennial Logo Contest
August 25, 2018 will mark the 100th anniversary of the birth of Leonard Bernstein, the globally treasured composer, conductor, educator and humanitarian.
The Leonard Bernstein Centennial will be a joyous celebration of his accomplishments, featuring a historic array of concerts, festivals, and commemorations. As plans for the Centennial get underway, The Leonard Bernstein Office is offering fans and admirers of Leonard Bernstein a unique opportunity to participate in the celebration: The Leonard Bernstein Centennial Logo Contest.
Music lovers in the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom are invited to create a unifying graphic element, to be featured in official publications, on the Internet and at events leading up to and during the course of the Centennial year.
The Leonard Bernstein Office seeks a logo that will convey the unique spirit of America's Maestro: his exuberance, his compassion and his all-embracing dedication to his art. Contestants should be mindful of the logo's eventual use in a variety of sizes and formats, including print and digital media.
The logo contest officially opens on November 14, 2012—69 years to the day since Bernstein walked onto the stage of Carnegie Hall to make his historic last-minute conducting debut.
In addition to having the selected logo used for Centennial-related events, the winning contestant will be announced and awarded Sony Classical's lavish, limited edition 60 CD set of the complete symphonic recordings that Bernstein conducted as music director of the New York Philharmonic.
CONTEST INFORMATION AND REQUIREMENTS
- The entry period for the contest begins at 9:00 a.m. EST / 2:00 p.m. GMT on November 14, 2012 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. EST / 4:59:59 a.m. GMT on January 31, 2013 / February 1, 2013.
- The prizewinner will be announced in the spring of 2013.
- There is a limit of one entry per person and per group.
- The contest is open only to legal residents of the fifty United States and the District of Columbia, Canada (excluding Quebec) and the United Kingdom who are 18 years of age or older as of the time of entry.
- Logos must be in .jpg, .png, .gif, .tif, .pdf, or .jpeg format with a maximum file size of 10MB.
The logo must be owned by the Entrant and must be original; must be created solely by the Entrant; must not have been used commercially or have won an award; and must not contain any material that The Leonard Bernstein Office deems inappropriate for public viewing.
- Please see the Official Rules for additional logo requirements.
- For complete details and Official Rules, and to enter the contest, go to: www.leonardbernstein.com/logocontest.
- The contest is sponsored by The Leonard Bernstein Office, New York, NY.
SELECTION OF WINNER
- The Leonard Bernstein Office will decide the winner.
Photo credit: Susesch Bayat / Deutsche Grammophon
> News Search