||New York: Marketing & Publicity Assistant
| Job Description:
|| The New York office of Boosey & Hawkes is seeking one Marketing & Publicity Assistant with a degree in music or communications (or a related field), with a passion for contemporary classical repertoire, and an interest in marketing and public relations to join the promotion team. This individual will report to and work closely with the Marketing & Public Relations Manager to implement the communications strategy for the North and South American markets. The Marketing and Publicity Assistant will also work closely with colleagues in the London and Berlin offices in sharing and maintaining company and composer information. Successful candidates should be energetic, thorough, flexible, and technologically savvy.
About Boosey & Hawkes
Boosey & Hawkes is the leading independent publisher of contemporary classical music and is the exclusive representative for thousands of works by composers including celebrated masters such as Bartók, Britten, Copland, Prokofieff, Rachmaninoff, and Stravinsky, as well as current innovators like John Adams, Steve Reich, Osvaldo Golijov, Christopher Rouse, Edgar Meyer, and Louis Andriessen. The company also represents many other fine classical catalogs in North America.
- Research and Data Entry (50%)
- Research and maintain a global performance calendar on Boosey.com
- Maintain an internal contact database and generate targeted mailing lists
- Track, compile, and circulate news items from online and print sources
- Publicity/Marketing (30%)
- Maintain and update composer press materials
- Promptly fulfill media and customer requests
- Assist with the production of a monthly eNewsletter, marketing eBlasts, press releases, and audio/visual content
- Maintain content on Boosey.com (news, press materials, etc.)
- Publications (15%)
- Liaise with designers and printers to produce promotional materials
- Generate and design promotional materials for conferences and mailings
- Other administrative tasks as needed (5%)
- Conservatory or four-year college degree in music, communications, or related field
- Minimum one year experience in marketing and/or public relations
- Knowledge of and enthusiasm for contemporary composers and repertoire
- Enthusiastic, communicative, team player
- Attentive to detail (strong writing and proofing skills)
- Able to multi-task and manage competing priorities
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, the Adobe Creative Suite (especially Photoshop), and basic audio/video editing software
- Able to code in HTML (Intermediate level)
- Knowledgeable of current trends in social media (Facebook, twitter, etc.)
Boosey & Hawkes offers a competitive salary and benefits package and is an equal opportunity employer.
|How to Apply:
||Please e-mail cover letter and resume to email@example.com by Thursday, May 23, 2013.