The Boosey & Hawkes Promotion Department Internship Program provides a unique learning opportunity for individuals interested in careers in performing arts administration and the classical music industry. The program offers invaluable hands-on training and experience through participation in projects that allow for the practical application of academic knowledge and the development of business skills necessary for a career in the music industry.
Boosey & Hawkes publishes a wide variety of 20th century masters, such as Stravinsky, Copland, Bernstein, Britten and Prokofieff, along with today's innovative voices, including John Adams, Steve Reich, and Osvaldo Golijov. The New York office of Boosey & Hawkes works directly with orchestras, opera companies, conductors, and musicians across North and South America to promote the works of these and other composers to performing organizations, the media, and fans. Both in our office and out at performances, interns have the opportunity to discover and experience the music of our outstanding roster of composers.
Past projects have included:
• Assisting with mass mailings of promotional materials
• Conducting research for social media and other marketing campaigns
• Updating the Boosey.com website with new recordings and performance information
• Tracking and cataloguing press about Boosey & Hawkes composers and repertoire
Our ideal candidate:
• Has an interest in contemporary classical music and the classical music industry in general
• Is currently pursuing an undergraduate degree in music, music business and/or arts administration
• Has superior writing, researching, and organizational skills
• Has strong computer skills (i.e. Microsoft Office, HTML, Adobe Creative Suite, social media platforms) with the ability to quickly learn new software
• Is enthusiastic, well-spoken, and ambitious
Scheduling is flexible, but candidates should be able to work approximately 20 hours per week during the Fall 2013 semester (September to December). This is an unpaid internship, and must be done for college credit.
If you are interested in applying for the Promotion Department Internship, please email your cover letter, resume and a writing sample to Chris Cresswell,