Catalogue No: TP306
Shop Product Code: 2160048
This study score of Franz Schubert’s complete string trios (violin, viola and violoncello) takes its text from the New Schubert Edition. It also includes Schubert’s very first essay in the genre, which only resurfaced in 1997: the draft trio in B-flat major, D 111A (1814). Besides this draft, two other trios in B-flat major written a short while later have come down to us: D 471 and D 581. The first is likewise a fragment as it breaks off in m. 39 of the second movement.
D 581 survives in two versions, the first based on the autograph score, the second on a set of parts prepared and thoroughly revised by Schubert. Both versions provide useful performance alternatives that differ widely in their form, rhythm, articulation and dynamics.
- All of Schubert's string trios
- All drafts and alternative versions for the first time in a study score
- Urtext from the New Schubert Edition
- Trio in B-flat major, D 471 (movement 1)
- Trio in B-flat major, D 581 (versions 1 and 2)
- Incomplete first movement to Trio in B-flat major, D 111A
- Incomplete second movement to Trio in B-flat major, D 471
Published by Baerenreiter.
Write a Review. The best reviewer each month wins 20% off their next order!
There are currently no reviews for this product.