* Estimated price converted from UK retail price
This new Wiener Urtext Edition presents Bach's Chromatic Fantasy not just in the traditional form but contains two additional versions, one late and one early. The early version is based on sources previously ignored and the late version is thought to be probably a late revision by Bach himself. The introduction and critical commentary give a detailed history and further background detail. The performance notes provide information for stylistically correct interpretation on the harpsichord as well as on the piano.
The Wiener Urtext Edition is a critical musicological edition for practical use and is distinguished from many other Urtext editions by comprehensive textual information in German and English and partly also in French.
REASONS FOR WIENER URTEXT
• Reliable musical text on the basis of the sources reflecting the composers’ ideas as authentic as possible
• Significant text variants for performance practice
• Useful fingerings for musical practice
• Page layout for practical use with convenient page turns
• Clearly printed, reader-friendly layout on high-contrast music paper
• Sustainably printed with green power
Write a Review. The best reviewer each month wins 20% off their next order!
There are currently no reviews for this product.