Catalogue No: UT50103
Shop Product Code: 248656S
The sonata Op. 5 is the final volume in the new, centenary Wiener Urtext Edition of Johannes Brahms' three piano sonatas. It follows the same editorial standards as the editions of the two preceding sonatas, Op. 1 and Op. 2. The performance notes contain valuable information on playing technique, pedalling, tempi and suggested solutions to problematic passages.
The Wiener Urtext Edition is a critical musicological edition for practical use and is distinguished from many other Urtext editions by comprehensive textual information in German and English and partly also in French.
REASONS FOR WIENER URTEXT
• Reliable musical text on the basis of the sources reflecting the composers’ ideas as authentic as possible
• Significant text variants for performance practice
• Useful fingerings for musical practice
• Page layout for practical use with convenient page turns
• Clearly printed, reader-friendly layout on high-contrast music paper
• Sustainably printed with green power
Write a Review. The best reviewer each month wins 20% off their next order!
There are currently no reviews for this product.