Grade Exam Music
This product includes pieces featured in grade exams. Click on a grade to view the full syllabus.
|Trinity College London Violin 2013-2014||4|| |
Arcangelo Corelli’s Violin Sonatas Op. 5 are among those works in violin literature that mark a new epoch, and until this day they have been part of the standard repertory of every violinist. Therefore it is all the more astonishing that there had not been any Urtext edition of these important works for a long time. This gap is filled by a new two-volume edition of the Wiener Urtext edition. The text is based on the first edition which Corelli himself supervised. This edition includes the ornaments for sonatas nos. 1-6, published by Roger in Amsterdam in 1710 as well as Geminiani’s ornaments for Sonata no. 9. The notes on performance practice by Baroque specialist Reinhard Goebel from Cologne are useful suggestions for an appropriate interpretation.
The Wiener Urtext Edition is a critical musicological edition for practical use and is distinguished from many other Urtext editions by comprehensive textual information in German and English and partly also in French.
REASONS FOR WIENER URTEXT
• Reliable musical text on the basis of the sources reflecting the composers’ ideas as authentic as possible
• Significant text variants for performance practice
• Useful fingerings for musical practice
• Page layout for practical use with convenient page turns
• Clearly printed, reader-friendly layout on high-contrast music paper
• Sustainably printed with green power