Traditional Jewish music of celebration. Recreate the many moods of this vibrant music, from mournful lyricism to driving dance beats. Includes many well-known Klezmer classics including Khosn kale mazl tov (The Jewish Wedding Song) and Tants, yidelekh, tants! (Dance, Dance!). The Klezmer Clarinet is available in two formats: this clarinet edition or the complete edition (clarinet part, easy clarinet part, keyboard accompaniment with guitar chords). Both formats are highly flexible, which means this exciting can be played as solos, duets or trios as well as with larger ensembles. Six pieces in the book are compatible with the versions for violin published in The Klezmer Fiddler creating an expandable resource.
The Klezmer Clarinet contains meticulously researched background information and suggestions for lively performances. And to help recreate the spirit of the music, the book is beautifully illustrated throughout.
Contents and Reviews
- * = compatible with the versions in The Klezmer Fiddler
- At the Rabbi's Feast (Baym rebns sude)
- Bulgar from Kishinev (Kishinever bulgar)
- Bulgar from Odessa (Odessa bulgar)
- Dance of delight* (Freylekh tants)
- Dance of displeasure* (Broyges tants)
- Dance! Dance! (Tants, yidelekh, tants!)
- Doina (Doyna)
- Freylechs from Bukovina* (Bukoviner freylekhs)
- Freylechs from Warsaw (Varshaver freylekhs)
- Jewish Wedding Song (Khosn kale mazl tov)
- Leading the In-laws home* (Firn di mekhutonim aheym)
- Little Galitsian Dance (Galitsianer tentsl)
- Street Melody* (Der gasn nign)
- Sweet Father (Tate ziser)
- The Wise Man's Song (Dem tzadiks zemerl)
"Very highly recommended!"
Winds (Winter 2003)