Carl Reinecke's 'Undine' was published in 1882 as a sonata for flute and piano and to this day is one of his most frequently played works. In 1885 Reinecke also published a version for clarinet and piano in which the piano part remained unchanged whereas the flute part was adjusted to the technical and tonal qualities of the clarinet. Thus, Reinecke was able to add a striking work to the small clarinet-piano repertoire. The current edition is based on the version for flute and piano.
The Wiener Urtext Edition is a critical musicological edition for practical use and is distinguished from many other Urtext editions by comprehensive textual information in German and English and partly also in French.
REASONS FOR WIENER URTEXT
• Reliable musical text on the basis of the sources reflecting the composers’ ideas as authentic as possible
• Significant text variants for performance practice
• Useful fingerings for musical practice
• Page layout for practical use with convenient page turns
• Clearly printed, reader-friendly layout on high-contrast music paper
• Sustainably printed with green power