||Director, Marketing & Public Relations
| Job Description:
|| Boosey & Hawkes, Inc. (New York) is seeking one Director, Marketing & Public Relations with knowledge of contemporary classical music, and three to five years of experience in marketing, public relations and communications.
The position of Director, Marketing & Public Relations reports to the President as a member of the Promotion department in the Composers & Repertoire division of the company’s New York office. The Director, Marketing & Public Relations works closely with the President, and Senior Director, Promotion to develop Composers & Repertoire strategy for North and South America, while working closely with counterparts in the London and Berlin offices of Boosey & Hawkes for international composers and campaigns.
About Boosey & Hawkes
Boosey & Hawkes, an Imagem Company, is the leading independent publisher of contemporary classical music. Boosey & Hawkes represents music copyrights for a wide roster of distinguished and celebrated composers of the 20th and 21st centuries, including modern masters such as Bartók, Bernstein, Britten, Copland, Prokofieff, Rachmaninoff and Stravinsky, as well as innovative contemporary figures such as John Adams, Louis Andriessen, Harrison Birtwistle, Osvaldo Golijov, Magnus Lindberg, Steve Reich and Paquito D'Rivera. The company's published music ranges from classical to jazz styles, for professional and amateur organizations and educational institutions. Boosey & Hawkes's music is available worldwide through offices in London, New York and Berlin, and via a network of agents around the globe. The company also represents many other fine European publishing catalogues throughout North and South America. B&H music is heard worldwide on concert stages, in film, TV and recordings and is available in print.
- Establish and implement annual Composers & Repertoire strategy for marketing, advertising, publicity, advertising, and social media in tandem with New York Promotion team, as well as London and Berlin offices.
- Establish annual budget for marketing, advertising, publicity, advertising, and social media.
- Write press releases for major premieres, festivals, anniversaries, and corporate announcements.
- Write, edit, and produce monthly B&H eNewsletter, sent to press and industry contacts.
- Produce promotional materials such as repertoire worksheets, advertisements, and composer brochures, liaising with designers and printers as needed.
- Maintain sections of company’s international website, www.boosey.com, in English and Spanish
- Act as B&H’s web presence on social networking sites.
- Oversee development and production of digital content and projects such as audio clips, videos, eblasts and other digital content.
- Coordinate composer press coverage and interviews with presenting organizations.
- Communicate and uphold B&H/Imagem brand identity guidelines for North America.
- Oversee development, maintenance, and optimization of www.boosey.com, in tandem with London and Berlin offices.
- Oversee Publicity Assistant.
- College or conservatory degree in music or significant work in classical music
- Five or more years experience in public relations and online marketing.
- Knowledge or interest in contemporary standard classical music repertoire.
- Results-oriented with a successful track record in managing and executing projects.
- Strong writer with excellent editing skills.
- Enthusiastic and flexible team-player.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and shifting priorities.
- Strong eye for design.
- Internet and social media savvy.
Boosey & Hawkes offers a competitive salary and benefits package and is an equal opportunity employer.
How to apply
Please send your resume and cover letter to Erik Jönsson, email@example.com.
|How to Apply: