Concord is looking to employ a full time International Copyright Administrator on a fixed term contract with a view to extend.
Company and Department overview
Concord is the independent, worldwide leader in the development, management and acquisition of sound recordings, music publishing and theatrical performance rights. Concord has offices in Nashville, Los Angeles, New York, London, Berlin, Miami, Australia & New Zealand.
Concord Music Publishing represents more than 600,000 copyrighted works by the world’s most celebrated songwriters, composers and lyricists. Spanning nearly two centuries of song, through a vast array of genres and territories, Concord Music Publishing also supports a diverse group of contemporary creators producing important and popular new songs and musical works. Concord Music Publishing is home to the world’s leading classical music publisher, Boosey & Hawkes, and operates exclusive joint ventures with top pop music publisher, Pulse Music Group and Hillary Lindsey’s Hang Your Hat Music.
The UK Copyright Department is integrated with and provides information, advice and administrative services to many areas of this busy and highly successful company. The department is responsible for the registration and ongoing management of thousands of copyright works in the UK and internationally, the licensing of print and related rights, and providing Business Affairs support to the VP Business Affairs.
Primarily working across our classical catalogue, the position involves the assignment and administration of rights together with the licensing of print rights, arrangements, reprographic and other 3rd party requests
Working on a day to day basis under the supervision of the International Copyright Manager (B&H) but reporting to the VP Copyright in the following areas of work:
• Dealing with assignments of copyright and single composition print agreements.
• Copyright Return requests
• Dealing with Work for Hire and other third-party arrangements, of existing copyrights.
• Text clearances
• Database population, notably the processing of print product data.
• Dispatching of composer and library copies of scores and folios
• A share of general departmental administration (filing, scanning, and various other administrative duties).
Outline of Specific Functions:
• Draft agreements and contracts for new work assignments and single composition print agreements acquired by the UK and US Classical divisions and based on template agreements.
• Assisting with the licensing of print rights and arrangements of 3rd party enquiries and liaising with affiliate companies and other 3rd party organisations regarding print rights, reprographic rights and arrangements.
• Providing advice and assistance relating to works, clients and other contract matters to all copyright, royalty, finance, C&R and licensing areas of the business both in the UK and internationally (with affiliated companies and sub publishers/agents).
• Clearing third-party texts for use in new works.
• Data inputting into Concord copyright and royalty database specifically in connection with printed music folios and products and liaison with relevant internal and external departments.
• Assisting in the organization and dispatch of printed scores and folios to composers and UK university libraries and US organisations as may be required.
• Sharing in general departmental administration (filing, scanning, and various other administrative duties) and a willingness to 'muck in' at all times. The job holder is expected to be flexible and to perform other duties as reasonably required and within their capabilities as instructed by the manager.
• Salary £25-29K, depending on experience
• Health and dental insurance
• 28 days holiday per annum
• Competitive pension scheme
• Concord Bucks – for related gigs and merchandise
• Hybrid working
How to Apply
Please send CV and covering letter to [email protected] by 30 September