How it works
The Shop at Boosey.com
How it works
When a visitor clicks through on the affiliate link on your site, our system will insert a very small piece of code, called a cookie, into their browser. This cookie will identify them with your affiliate ID. The cookie will last for 30 days, meaning that any purchase they make from us within 30 days of clicking through will be credited to your affiliate account. For example, they may visit our site by clicking through on your link and then go away without making a purchase. If they return directly to our site they will still be recognised as one of "your" visitors and their purchases credited to your affiliate account for commission purposes
Please note that if the visitor has changed the settings in their browser to disable cookies then we will not be able to identify them and their purchases will not be subject to this affiliate scheme.
Becoming an Affiliate
Once we receive your details we will activate your Affiliate status and we will send you an email to confirm that this has been done.
Then you'll be able to log-in as an Affiliate to set up the link/s from your site and to choose how you want to arrange the percentage between commission and discounts.
From the basic control panel you can choose to link to
- -The Shop Home page
- -To an individual department (eg. Choral or Strings & Fretted)
For each one of these you select, our system will generate a small piece of HTML code which you can cut and paste into your site. If you want more than one, simply repeat the process, cutting and pasting the HTML code each time.
From the advanced control panel you can create mini-shops. A mini-shop appears as a box on your site featuring the type of products you want to feature. It's a simple step-by-step process:
- 1. Select the department (eg. Choral or Keyboards) or the name of the composer you want to feature (eg. Brahms or Britten).
- 2. Select whether you want your mini-shop to present bestsellers or new products or both.
- 3. Select whether you want to display the prices, and in which currency.
- 4. You may display our logo on your site to highlight your mini-shop. Choose whether or not you wish to display our logo.
- 5. Decide how many products you want to display in your mini-shop. The more products you display, the larger your mini-shop will be.
- 6. Decide whether to display images (covers of the scores).
- 7. You can then determine the number of rows and the system will populate the columns depending on the number of products you have elected to display. Or you can choose the number of columns and let the system work out the number of rows.
- 8. The Module is the box within which your mini-shop will be displayed. You can determine its width either in pixels or as a percentage of the HTML container into which you will be positioning the mini-shop on your page. For instance, if you are pasting our code into your left hand navigation column, and you specify 95% the mini-shop will occupy a space that is 95% of the width of the total column.
- 9. Hit the "Generate Code" button and then click on Preview to see what your mini-shop will look like. Make as many changes as you like, generating new code and Previewing each time until you are happy with the result.
- 10. Finally cut and paste the code into your own web page.
Split between commission income and discounts for your members
We allow our Affiliates to choose to retain all the commission earned as income for themselves or to pass it along to their members in the form of a discount off purchases or to split it between them. You will be able to determine the split once your account has been activated.
To manage your commission/discount split, log in as an Affiliate and go to My Details. You will be able to allocate the Total Discount between Public Discount (which your members will save on purchases) and Commission Retained (which is paid to you).
When your members receive a discount as a result of this Affiliate scheme, this will be highlighted to them when they check out, reminding them of the valuable benefit they have as a result of their affiliation to you. Please note that there is no requirement for them to be formal members of your organisation: the discount will apply to anyone who clicks through from your site, subject only to the normal terms and conditions of this scheme.
Reporting and payments
Reports are available online under the My Account section. The reports show how much total discount has been earned, how much has been given in public discounts and how much has been earned as commission by Affiliates.
There is a minimum payment of £25.00. Payments will be made quarterly by bank transfer once the minimum payment threshold is passed.
If you have any questions, the best way to contact us is through the Contact Us section of the Affiliate page.