Robert Schumann's 'Album for the Young' is one of the milestones of educationally inspired piano literature. This edition does not focus on systematic technical studies but on the development of the player's musical performance as well as on the realisation of musical associations. The appendix of the revised new edition of the Wiener Urtext Edition also contains pieces originally intended for the album which, ultimately, were not included in the printed collection.
Editor: Michael Kube.
The Wiener Urtext Edition is a critical musicological edition for practical use and is distinguished from many other Urtext editions by comprehensive textual information in German and English and partly also in French.
REASONS FOR WIENER URTEXT
• Reliable musical text on the basis of the sources reflecting the composers’ ideas as authentic as possible
• Significant text variants for performance practice
• Useful fingerings for musical practice
• Page layout for practical use with convenient page turns
• Clearly printed, reader-friendly layout on high-contrast music paper
• Sustainably printed with green power