Carl Philipp Emanuel Bach's Sonata in A minor for solo flute quasi constitutes a counterpart to the partita of his father Johann Sebastian in the same key. Created in 1747, but unpublished until 1763, it heralds the sentimental style of a new era, compared to the ca. 30 years older work of his father. The edition is based on the first edition which is hidden among piano works by C. P. E. Bach and other composers in the anthology 'Musikalisches Mancherley'. Edited by Jochen Reutter.
The Wiener Urtext Edition is a critical musicological edition for practical use and is distinguished from many other Urtext editions by comprehensive textual information in German and English and partly also in French.
REASONS FOR WIENER URTEXT
• Reliable musical text on the basis of the sources reflecting the composers’ ideas as authentic as possible
• Significant text variants for performance practice
• Useful fingerings for musical practice
• Page layout for practical use with convenient page turns
• Clearly printed, reader-friendly layout on high-contrast music paper
• Sustainably printed with green power