Song Junction features 40 appealing songs plus activities for the elementary music classroom (grades K-2) and singers aged 5-7. It includes new songs by music educators, traditional songs from around the globe, and piano accompaniments for added variety. Grouped into themes such as "All About Animals" and "Tell Me a Story," the songs come with teaching notes describing the actions, games, stories, and objectives, all carefully calibrated. A versatile collection, Song Junction is a welcome resource for practitioners the year round.
- 40 appealing songs for singers aged 5 to 7, ideal for the elementary music classroom (grades K-2)
- Features traditional songs from around the globe, and original songs written by trained music educators
- Provides teaching notes for each song and suggests extension activities
- Table in the Appendix aligning each song with the 2014 Music Standards (US)
- Contents arranged along topical themes such as "All About Animals," "Natural Wonders," or "Time to Improvise"
- Optional piano accompaniment available for a selection of songs
- Copiable pages
Edited by Anne Barry and Peter Hunt
Dr. Anne Barry has many years' experience of teaching in schools and of extensive involvement in community music. She works with pre-service elementary general and secondary choral teachers at Lake Forest College, Illinois, where she is Director of Choral Activities, Assistant Professor of Music, and the Kenneth and Harlé Montgomery Assistant Professor in the Humanities.
Peter Hunt, a freelance teacher, arranger, and choral leader from the United Kingdom, created the award-winning Voiceworks series from Oxford University Press. He specializes in children's choirs and in health and well-being through singing.