An impressive cast of artists are joining together in this Ondine recording dedicated to the late works by iconic American composer Elliott Carter (1908–2012).
The album includes five premiere recordings, including Carter’s final work Epigrams (2012) for piano trio, featuring Pierre-Laurent Aimard, Isabelle Faust and Jean-Guihen Queyras. The album also features percussionist Colin Currie joined together with the Birmingham Contemporary Music Group and the BBC Symphony Orchestra conducted by Oliver Knussen.
1. Interventions for Piano and Orchestra (17:09)
2. Dialogues for Piano and Chamber Orchestra (13:05)
3. Dialogues II for Piano and Chamber Orchestra (4:30)
4, 5, 6. Two Controversies and a Conversation for Piano, Percussion and Chamber Orchestra (10:25)
7. Instances for Chamber Orchestra (7:11)
8. Epigrams (I - XII) for Piano Trio (13:58)
Released on 11th August 2017