The Grade By Grade series draws on the rich and varied Boosey & Hawkes catalogue of classical, contemporary and educational repertoire, highlighting composers including Béla Bartók, Dmitri Shostakovich, James MacMillan, Milly Stanfield and Christopher Norton, alongside arrangements of traditional music from around the world by Peter Wastall, Edward Huws Jones and others.
Carefully selected by Cathy Elliott, this practical anthology provides the complete repertoire resource for the aspiring Grade 1 double bassist and creates the perfect package for teaching, exam preparation and performance.
Each volume contains:
• a diverse collection of pieces, each complemented by a useful practice and performance tip
• grade-appropriate scales and arpeggios linked to the repertoire through bespoke text and exercises
• brand new sight-reading and improvisation activities
• newly-commissioned aural awareness tasks
• a piano accompaniment booklet
Packaged with audio containing full performance demonstrations and grade-appropriate aural awareness resources.
Cathy Elliott is a freelance double bass player. For twenty years she toured extensively and recorded with the Academy of St Martin in the Fields. Since the early 1990s she has had a flourishing teaching practice with beginner to advanced students from the ages of 6 to 18 for whom she continually writes, arranges and publishes repertoire. She is a consultant for various examination boards, and in 2009 the International Society of Bassists recognised her as a Young Bassists Ambassador.