Georg Friedrich Handel's Sonatas for Violin and Basso continuo belong to the core repertoire of Baroque violin music, some of them even being among the most famous repertoire pieces of their time. The new edition in the Wiener Urtext Edition series is based on Handel's autographs, contemporary copies and first prints. In addition to Handel's nine violin sonatas, it contains two minuets for violin and basso continuo which have been handed down in the environment of the sonatas.
The Wiener Urtext Edition is a critical musicological edition for practical use and is distinguished from many other Urtext editions by comprehensive textual information in German and English and partly also in French.
REASONS FOR WIENER URTEXT
• Reliable musical text on the basis of the sources reflecting the composers’ ideas as authentic as possible
• Significant text variants for performance practice
• Useful fingerings for musical practice
• Page layout for practical use with convenient page turns
• Clearly printed, reader-friendly layout on high-contrast music paper
• Sustainably printed with green power