When Joseph Haydn composed his smaller early piano sonatas, then called divertimentos, he clearly kept the beginner and amateur pianist in mind. With only few technical demands, these works nevertheless provide an excellent insight into the cosmos of Haydn's piano music and introduce the player to Haydn's musical language in an exemplary manner. The current edition combines four of the most popular of these easy sonatas for beginners' lessons.
The Wiener Urtext Edition is a critical musicological edition for practical use and is distinguished from many other Urtext editions by comprehensive textual information in German and English and partly also in French.
REASONS FOR WIENER URTEXT
• Reliable musical text on the basis of the sources reflecting the composers’ ideas as authentic as possible
• Significant text variants for performance practice
• Useful fingerings for musical practice
• Page layout for practical use with convenient page turns
• Clearly printed, reader-friendly layout on high-contrast music paper
• Sustainably printed with green power