The Sonata in C major Hob. XVI:35 is among the most famous and most frequently played piano sonatas by Joseph Haydn. The typical educational work which can hardly be ignored by any pupil and which even music lovers like to play again and again is now available in a separate edition. The musical text is based on Christa Landon's edition newly revised by Ulrich Leisinger.
The Wiener Urtext Edition is a critical musicological edition for practical use and is distinguished from many other Urtext editions by comprehensive textual information in German and English and partly also in French.
REASONS FOR WIENER URTEXT
• Reliable musical text on the basis of the sources reflecting the composers’ ideas as authentic as possible
• Significant text variants for performance practice
• Useful fingerings for musical practice
• Page layout for practical use with convenient page turns
• Clearly printed, reader-friendly layout on high-contrast music paper
• Sustainably printed with green power