Mastering the piano is the first series of books to be launched in the Lang Lang Piano Academy, a major new piano programme from Faber Music encompassing a range of materials for pianists of all levels. Comprising five progressive books, mastering the piano captures Lang Lang’s passion, drive and extraordinary mastery of the piano.
Each book gives students the chance to learn from this exceptional talent who has impressed the world, containing:
- 8 units that develop key aspects of piano technique
- specially devised exercises and studies focusing on each technical area
- a diverse selection of piano repertoire including Lang Lang’s best-loved works
- beautiful arrangements of music from around the world
- inspirational commentary and guidance from Lang Lang himself
- stunning photo section of the pianist and examples of art that has inspired his own playing
Lang Lang Piano Academy: mastering the piano Level 4 (approximately equivalent to Grade 4/Early Intermediate) includes sections on legato pedalling, phrasing and rubato and new accompaniment styles.
1.Posture, movement and hand shape
3.Phrasing and rubato
4.New accompaniment styles