Just For Starters contains 24 pieces which are suitable for players at the early stages of learning. The repertoire is compiled from dances and miniatures in a broad range of styles including dexterous, early works and romantic, lyrical pieces, as well as 12 newly written, approachable items by Philip Ledger and Hilary Tadman-Robins.
This attractive collection provides scope for focused attention on musical detail. It ideally supplements the prescribed music of graded exams 1-3.
- Contains 12 original Piano pieces
- Includes arrangements of works by Blow, Arne, Mendelssohn and Chopin
- Provides both technical and musical challenges
- Encourages a flexibility of hand positions
- Introduces triadic figures
- Offers guideline fingering