A must-have for any Strings teacher, Basic String Technique provides thorough instruction on basic technique for violin, viola, cello and bass. Written by a veteran teacher that knows what you need to know, the book includes:
· Over 175 pictures clearly demonstrating correct position and common mistakes
· Instrument setup steps
· Rote songs
· Bow hold steps and games
· Modifications including rubber bands and pinky cups for bows
· How to teach note reading
· Tips for eliminating tension and fixing problems for established players
· Pacing guide for first-year classes
· How to put on a new string and tune instruments
· How to put on finger tapes
· How to tell bows apart
· How to manage bridges, pegs, strings and sound posts
· Reproducible pages with clear pictures and descriptions of position basics for each instrument that you can share with your students.
Perfect for teachers who are new to string education, this practical guide also provides helpful teaching strategies for veteran string educators.