Availability: Usually despatched within 24 - 48 hours
* Estimated price converted from UK retail price
The Grade By Grade series draws on the rich and varied Boosey & Hawkes catalogue of classical, contemporary and educational repertoire, highlighting composers including Serge Prokofieff, Dmitri Shostakovich, Karl Jenkins, Carol Barratt and Christopher Norton, alongside arrangements of traditional music from around the world by Peter Wastall, Vera Gray and others.
Carefully selected by Iain Farrington, this practical anthology provides the complete repertoire resource for the aspiring Grade 1 pianist and creates the perfect package for teaching, exam preparation and performance.
Each volume contains:
a diverse collection of pieces, each complemented by a useful practice and performance tip
grade-appropriate scales and arpeggios linked to the repertoire through bespoke text and exercises
brand new sight-reading and improvisation activities
newly-commissioned aural awareness tasks
Packaged with a CD of full performance demonstrations, piano backing tracks, and grade-appropriate aural awareness resources.
Iain Farrington has an exceptionally busy and diverse career as a pianist, organist, composer and arranger. He has performed across the world, notably at the opening ceremony of the London 2012 Olympics, and has worked with many leading musicians, including Bryn Terfel and Sir Paul McCartney. As a composer, Iain’s music has been performed, recorded and broadcast worldwide, and his wide-ranging catalogue of arrangements receives regular international performances.
- C. Norton: Walking Together
- D. Kabalevsky: My Stubborn Little Brother
- J. Brahms: Wiegenlied
- H. Davies: Air
- Traditional: Sur le pont d'Avignon
- J. Blake: The Little White Cloud
- A. Joannides: Sea Breeze (Duet)
- Traditional: Amazing Grace
- B. Bartok: Quasi Adagio from "For Children"
- I. Farrington: From The North
- D. Shostakovich: March from "Six Children's Pieces"
- A.E. Müller: Siciliano
- Traditional: Susy, Little Susy
- P. Hughes: Questions
- Anon: A Toye
- Traditional: The North Wind Doth Blow (Duet)
- Rodgers & Hammerstein: Do-RE-MI from "The Sound of Music"
- Traditional: English Country Garden